RRB Group D Exam 2018: Paper analysis of first shift by exam expert
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducted the biggest exam of the country, that is, RRB Group D today, on September 17, 2018.
In an attempt to provide clarity to all the candidates about their performance, here’s a look at RRB Group D exam analysis for the first shift.
For the students who are yet to appear for RRB Group D CBT 2018, it is necessary to go through this exam analysis as it will help a lot to understand the pattern of questions.
Here’s a look at the analysis:
The exam consisted of four sections, including mathematics, general intelligence and reasoning, general science, and general awareness.
The difficulty level of RRB Group D CBT (Shift-I):
The overall difficulty level of RRB Group D CBT (Shift-I) was moderate.
Let us dig a bit deeper and understand the construct of the paper section-wise-
1. Mathematics (easy-moderate)
For day 1, the level of difficulty of RRB Group D exam was easy to moderate.
Mathematics section included 25 questions.
Topics covered in this section are as follows:
- SI, CI: 2-3 Questions
- Pipe & Cistern: 1 Questions
- Profit/ Loss: 3-4 Questions
- Time, Speed and Distance: 2 Questions
- Average: 1 Question
- Trigonometry: 3 Questions
- Percentage: 2 Questions
- DI (Pie Chart): 2 Questions
- Ages: 1 Question
- Time and Work: 2 Questions
- Geometry (circle): 1 Question
- Miscellaneous: 5 Questions
2. General Intelligence (easy-moderate)
Questions from general awareness ranged from easy to moderate. Reasoning section included as many as 30 questions.
Few topics covered in this section were as follows:
- Syllogism – 4-5 Questions
- Analogy – 3 Questions
- Series – 2 Questions
- Odd one Out – 4 Question
- Venn Diagram – 2-3 Questions
- Mirror Image – 1 Questions
- Direction – 2 Question
- Statement & Conclusion – 2 Questions
- Coding – Decoding – 2-3 Questions
- Calendar – 2 Question
- Odd One Out – 1 Question
- Direction – 1 Question
- Counting Figure – 1 Question
3. General Science (easy-moderate)
The general science paper of RRL Group D exam consisted of physics, life science, and chemistry.
25 questions were asked from these topics.
- Physics: 9-11
- Chemistry: 8-9
- Biology: 9-10